POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : memory leak in 3.1g? : Re: memory leak in 3.1g? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:24:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: memory leak in 3.1g?
From: Charles
Date: 21 Aug 1999 22:01:21
Message: <37BF57BC.624DDADD@enter.net>
Ken wrote:

> > There was a rather lenghty conversation on the pitiful waste of
> > system memory when having to go to the swap file and the reasons behind
> > it. If I can find the thread I will give you a direct pointer to it.
>
> See the thread "Memory reporting" in povray.windows posted on 07-26-1999.

Ah, yes. Thank you very muchly. This thread did indeed go a long
way toward answering some of my questions about this --- weird ---
phenomenon. Looks like it it a windows thing, afterall (big
surprise). Eventually, in the far flung reaches of what we currently
know as the future, I'll be upgrading the whole kit and kaboodle
(what IS a kaboodle, anyway?) and my current machine will become an
exploration box so I have something to experiment on (hardware and
softwarewise) without risking my prime machine. I think I just
added "check out Linux" to my computer's list of things to do when
it's retired<g>. In the  meantime, guess I'll just have to max out
my memory & learn to stop gritting my teeth to the sound of hard
drive thrashing... :\

Charles
--
http://www.enter.net/~cfusner
"...Then darkness took me, and I strayed out of thought and time,